Noninvasive cosmetic procedures are increasingly popular globally since they provide little to no downtime. These procedures treat several skin-related concerns like sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, and so on. Fraxel laser treatments are one such revolutionary cosmetic procedure that can address most skin concerns.
Fraxel New York laser treatment, performed by highly skilled general and cosmetic dermatologists can improve your skin and accelerate new cell growth.
Introduction to Fraxel lasers
Fraxel laser is a noninvasive, microscopic laser treatment that helps resurface the layers of your skin. It is a gold standard procedure that uses revolutionary lasers to improve the texture and appearance of the skin, reversing the visible signs of aging.
Fraxel lasers can effectively penetrate your skin to encourage new collagen and elastin production. It is also known as fractional skin resurfacing treatment, since the laser system targets a fraction of tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue unharmed.
Skin concerns treated by Fraxel lasers
Fraxel lasers are gaining momentum in the field of cosmetology since they can treat a wide range of skin concerns, including:
- Visible fine lines and wrinkles, such as crow’s feet and brow lines
- Scars on your skin that are left behind from acne or surgical procedure
- The appearance of age spots or sun spots
- Hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone
- Sun-damaged skin
- Actinic keratosis
Benefits of Fraxel lasers
Fraxel laser treatment, when performed by an experienced dermatologist, or cosmetologist, can offer the following benefits:
- Noninvasive, thus does not harm the surrounding tissues
- Stimulates your body’s collagen production to enhance your overall skin texture and appearance
- Painless, bloodless, and needle-less procedure
- Comfortable procedure with an integrated cooling system
- Little to no downtime
- Quick recovery
- Minimal post-procedure complications
- Long-lasting results
- Boosts self-confidence
Results of Fraxel lasers involved in Fraxel laser treatment
Fraxel laser treatment is an outpatient procedure that usually takes 20 to 30 minutes.
Your doctor will make you lie down comfortably and cover your eyes with protective glasses while using the laser. The area that needs to be treated will be targeted by Fraxel lasers with a specific wavelength. You may experience mild burning or tingling sensation which usually resolves on its own.
You may notice outstanding results after the first session, however, 3 to 5 sessions may be required based on the severity of your skin concern.
You can resume your routine activities the same day, but care should be taken in the first week by:
- Applying sunscreen when outdoors
- Avoiding excess sun exposure
- Avoiding strenuous exercise
- Refraining from using harmful products on your face
Fraxel laser treatment is the best solution to all your skin-related problems, and signs of aging, to give you revitalized and healthier skin.